Thursday, September 29, 2011

TOHOSHINKI 'TONE' REVIEW


 
TohoShinki - T.O.N.E album review.

Ok. they're back! they're back! after 2years hiatus.. i don't even want to start
how sad i am watching the famous 'last perf' in kaohaku... at last, my boys are
back! ok. first thing first, i'm not a musician nor a music critic. I just write what I
want. so this is just random. tru my observation and my ears. thanks!


*1 - Introduction~Magenta.~

a short brief to the album, magenta...a combination of red + blue. more likely it was added to became a pinkish red colour. but the combination of magenta in TohoShinki is a combination of Jung Yunho + Shim Changmin After the 2 years hiatus. creating a brand new colour to our lives. magenta, a colour often ignored yet notable is what represents TohoShinki. Who wonders these two will sound so adorable in a lullaby? and why a short lullaby u may asked? if its long, U'll definately be affected... mentally. X_X so, yeah, let it just be an intro. a strong intro that stays in ur mind. going like a wavelengths in ur hearts!

*2 - B.U.T [Be.Au.Ty] {comeback single}

I don't know [Until today] what the hell, they're trying to tell us? Is it "BUT"? "Beauty?" or "BUTT?" or "wow, ur butt...look beauty but?" netherless, i loved the beat! thanks Yoo Young Jin! u never phailed me! this song is... leading kids to Po*n. trust me.. hahaXD. yunho said "No matter how sincere I am, I do have my naughty moments" hey leader-shii.. what is that means? i won't be saying much about the song rather the beat, because,... the lyrics.. saying about a guy and a girl enjoy hot moments in the 'zone' ..naughty much.. "Like a cream pie or caramel macchiato, you’re sweet and tantalizing, We’re together in the zone"...Caramel macchiato? feeling ChangKyu moments there!...and,how in the hell they made this look so epically cool when they're dancing. and isn't it banned like those songs in korea? hahaXD. ok, just be talking about their voice then. strong, captivated tone! good job, and i've heard this LIVE. and all i can say is wow, 3D! DYNAMIC,DANGEROUS,DUNG8x!!!

*3 - I THink U Know

I think U know... u think u know? I don't know la! but, ironically, Tohoshinki get so much CM in Japan. So this song was one of them. Sky Perfect TV. to perfect i guess. ^^. Honestly... to tell u guys the truth, I HATE THIS SONG AT FIRST! after I heard it in TONE, I fell in love! addictive... sound! make me crazy baby! i wanna know ur mind..hahaXD. I Think U Know Why? this songs have my adrenaline goes rush rush! haha. Homin tells me, they can't take their eyes of me? hell yeah i love that! but, auto tone... auto tone. u just can't let go of my boys right. no worries, my boys sound fine live.

*4 - DUET
hated the fact that this song was leaked. well kinda. not quite leaked. but.. yeah.. kinda. the moment u heard this, u will probably pop-up and say.. It's a total tohoshinki type song. couldn't agree more. its a must to sing this kind of melody. but what's the meaning of DUET? if u googled 'DUET' u'll get this answer "A duet is a musical composition or piece for two performers". enuf said. like the lyrics... "If the words spoken between you and me made a song, What would your favorite melody be?" it was exactly it! smooth vocals, i like the how these two different range combine into one TONE. my fave line in the song... "Carrying you, carrying both of us..Colorfully played melody runs through the air..Carrying further, carrying our hearts, joining to become one..Not yet time to end, It’s a never-ending duet" and that a-ha at the end, priceless!

*5 Thank you my girl
there so so much what i'm gonna say about this...
i soo wanna hug the producer of this album, the meaning of canon In music, a canon is a contrapuntal composition that employs a melody with one or more imitations of the melody played after a given duration (e.g., quarter rest, one measure, etc.). The initial melody is called the leader (or dux), while the imitative melody, which is played in a different voice, is called the follower (or comes). The follower must imitate the leader, either as an exact replication of its rhythms and intervals or some transformation... omg... thats soo HOMIN!
again. a song for a product. 7net! yahhh.. my boys are so popular! this song, musically influenced by a classical tune "Canon in D". I will be ranting about this song ok, because why? I love this song so so so much! fantastic... beyond my imagination! i so thought the melody from chorus in TYMG that we previewed will def runs tru the whole song..just be Canon-like and it will be soft fun loving song. shit... i was wrong!!! how can they combine a classic to a 90's pop feel grove? I thought I'm hearing *N Sync/BSB all over again. good old days. yet the chorus never failes to pamper me with the soothing HoMIN tones~

*6 Telephone.
forget Ipad, Iphone, GTab or countless smartphones everywhere, because all u need is that 'special phone call' from him telling how special u r to him. exactly what Telephone is all about. the song saying that it may be normal for ur boyfriend to call u in the middle of the night and say sorry for being busy and his lullaby will put u to sleep~ saying, "goodnight, oh my girl"..."we can meet in a dream"... those mushy words we dreamt our boyfriends will say ... well said. what i like about Telephone is HoMin's singing ability is layered wonderfully. each sangs their part and no need to say who's good nor bad. it's equal. and I love the bass rhythm combine with the accoustic guitar. Be.Au.Ty babe! My fave part of HoMiness in this song.. at the end of it where HoMin strongly pulls out a back to back beautiful vocals..."Oyasumidane oh my girl oh my girl"[Good night oh my girl..Oh My girl] "Nechattakana?"[Are you asleep?]

*7 Back to Tomorrow
i should say... Back to tomorrow [BTT], a slow rock/pop/ballad watever is probably the strongest vocal range in the album.  this song... have their own level to it.. this song challange both of them. from a slow phase to an edgy vocal of HOMIN. what i like about this song is how they let HOMIN shine with their vocal.. 'STEP BY STEP'.. not rushing to the end. everybody work it all out. and it works! with this song. the beats keep us wanting for more. more like the beats of a heartbeat. which keeps beating for TOHOSHINKI no matter what happens. well my dear HoMin,  My days will truly shine... back back back. ^^

*8 Why [Keep Your Head Down]
ok. this is the japanese version of KYHD korean version. the comeback song for tvxq in the kpop world. an epic song ever made. enough to make u take ur hands down to HoMin. the Japanese version was as powerful as the korean one. I do prefer the Korean version but i should say Yunho didn't let me say this piece was a rather a 'bla bla' song. they still do it TOHOSHINKI way. powerful, edgy, sharpness & strong! well, boys, like my volderMIn said in this song...Now I'm Just Chillin' Feels like I'm healin'

*9 MAXimum
My brother fave SONG. the 1 Malaysia song. HAHAxD. because this song combines beats that can be found only in asia. totally Dong Bang Shin Ki. the song potrays HoMin powerfulness to the MAXimum. dang! i go bias! hahahXD but have i told u my brother love this song? yeah. and he's not even a fan!

*10 I Don't Know
yet another song for a CM. ma boys are so special in Japan nee~~? this time for the silver card... or something. hahahXD.. * love* the silver bear so much! ok. back to the song. tells us about how a man can't hide his feeling seeing his ex with another man. he don't know what else to do.. but to get her back. i'm feeling the rock husky voices they trying to potray. and the smooth whisper part, if i was the ex-gf, i want them back... hey.. I don't know la! hahahaXD...my fave part is when Yunho using his falsetto to sang while changmin's using his high screaming techniques. the lyrics were..."kienai kizu ga itamu to shite mo, [CM: I won’t give you up now] aitai aitai sou kimi dakara, [CM:I want you to know]"

*11 SuperStar
Mini single to be release before TONE. the only thing that i love about this is the PV. i repeat the PV! who asked u to make my baby a superman?huh? why? hahaxD. sorry TOHO, I told u many times, I 'dislike' club like song. but this song is kinda addictive. I used to replay this ALOT of times. but after it is claimed a remake. I give up. but lets face it. TOHO sang it way better. and thanks to the twins who was the real singer to Superstar, TOHO are now known as TWINSHINKI to me. ^^

* 12 Shiawaseiro no hana [シアワセ色の花]
be hold. be strong. let the feelings rule u! TOHOSHINKI's BALLAD are always the best. face it people! it was a few years ago and its still now. the only reason I'm soooo mesmerize... was because... Yunho sounded sooo damn F.I.N.E! to tell the truth. i didn't expect much on abang long yunho. ballad makes him struggled! this guy's food are only on dancing tunes, rapping, etc. ballad? give that to the others. ChangMin, the forever always 'invisible' in ballad [my brother used to say]. So why ballad tohoshinki? why? why struggled to sang a ballad that was 6.43 minutes long?! u're fu*king kidding me. I was stunt when i saw the duration. I don't want to hear, because I know 'them'. I failed. I played. AND i REPLAYED. like 11 times at the first play. the song were prefect. the struming guitar was perfect, the piano was perfect, the drums... perfect. orchestra!! please! I pray for them to sing this live. please sing this live. and please CRY yunho. I want to know ur feelings! do u know the feeling after a thunderstorm rain? thats the meaning of this song. After all those hardship that only these two understands. this song was totally the answer. the flower that colour of happiness. shine Tohoshinki, smile, u need to.  'lets walk together' HoMin, lets be together forever. Itsumademo. You + You are the reason TOHOSHINKI are still alive.

* 13 EASY MIND
I totally love this song! even in the preview... I love those 30 seconds of tohocheeky-ness! seriously, we NEED alot of fun-loving songs like this so that ma boys will forever look young ok! hahahaXD. as always, give them ballad, dance, rapping or a cheeky song like this one, my boys nailed it! the whistle? i get back to that later! LOL! and yeah, I won't go to the depth about the lyrics. because i will laugh my head off trying to interprete what i know. I totally understands the situation. but lets roughly just review this ok. this song basically told u... "yah.. stop thinking.. just have an easy mind and enjoy the day. don't worry.. be happy!" those cathy beats ...the whistle... perfect! I had a feeling HoMin was laughing all the way when they're rehearsing & recording this. guess what, it's a cool to make u relax. just enjoy! Plus Jung Yunho was known to have a very positive attitude to life. so, this song song was made for him to teach us, it's ok to face a problem. just face it with a EEeechyyy mind! LOL! Changmin, seems more relax singing which makes soo happy. Every ChangMin parts, I know he is smiling. ^_^. my fave part is at 0:00... until... the end.  esp the whistle part from abang long ku! thank u!

*14 Weep
like Yunho said, Weep is a special song to be sang at the end of the concert. i can vision them doing this perf in tshirts n jeans. with tohoshinki's towel. have fun. really i can. thanks YUNHO for pointing that out. just, I will definately weep myself watching this perf. before i go to far about this, let me just say... this song reminds me some other Jpop songs. this is sooo Jpop tune. thats what i love about it. soothing song to make u weep are the best. the lyrics tells us separation is not the end. and when, they meet again, they cried together. wishing all the best to one another....tohoshinki is thankful. you definately know the meaning by now and who is it for. be sure right? just, as fan, please guys, be happy for HoMin, no matter what path they choose is life. don't judge them this & that. be fair. please, they'll be thankful to u. I too be soo thankful to u.

*15 Somebody to Love 2011
ok. I will not be reviewing this song. due to the fact that is was a remake to fit homin vocal range now. its not because i dislike this song. This song is special ok. the only CHANGMIN ko banyak part in japanese song ever. but ... because I don't want u to bash me. and thats y I'm not gonna say anything. they've made this song again, and I accept. end of story.

p/s: I want to see this live!
and to those u dislike this post... I can't stop u... is it a sin that i support HOMIN so so much? well, I don't give a damn to u! Kthxbhai!


1 comment:

  1. nice review heheeh waaa part review telephone song terbaik hahahahhaur review to if im not a cassie o sm1who dono homin will make me want to listen to their song riteway heehh but since im their biggeat fan to n i do listen to their song heeheheh i oso in love eith them heeheh
    i do sure thet will success wif this album fighting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

SAY hey!!